A dear friend the other day said to me… “don’t disappear now”. I thought, ‘oh yes, I have been busy lately’ What she was referring to is the fact that when I go through challenging times I go inward, and to others that is sometimes seen as a negative, even scary thing.
People have often commented on it in my life, and in the past I’ve taken their comments in (because that’s what I do), reflected and thought that I should improve in that area. These days I see that it’s just my way, it works for me and that’s great! I go inward, meditate, connect with my higher self, sleep, rest, eat really yummy chocolate, renew, and come out so much happier, with a good connection to the big picture, clarity and perspective on the gift that difficult time has bought to me. It might take a day or two but it’s the best investment in me. By doing that I’m following my own instruction manual. I’m being true to myself rather than following what others think, what others do. Not to say that everyone should do that… some people need to talk!
We receive instructions in so many areas of life… well meaning instructions (advice) from parents, family, friends, education systems, therapists etc. These are usually based on their wishes for you, wishing you to be happy and healthy, sometimes from fears for your well-being, and sometimes as an adult (once you’re past the don’t run across the road without looking both ways, don’t take drugs etc stages) are based on their own needs or fears.
And then there are the not-so well meaning instructions which come from the media, political systems, restrictive religions etc. Instructions that they hope will result in us buying things to help us feel happy and beautiful, or instructions which stop us from thriving in life and threatening the status quo. With all of that going on it’s no wonder a lot of people haven’t yet connected to their own beautiful instruction manual. And it’s no wonder there are so many people lost, in jobs they don’t like, in relationships where they’re not happy etc. Hum drum!
What could be stopping us form following our own instruction manual, our own instincts? Fears often crop up… fears that we won’t be accepted or respected as our true (and possibly renegade) selves. Fears of being persecuted is a big one, I find that a lot in my work… often past life stuff which needs healing, and often from being bullied as a child. Busy, busy minds can get in the way, it’s common for people to be ‘stuck in their heads’, to have constant thoughts whirling around – to connect with our instincts we need to connect with our heart and that’s pretty tricky from up there in the head. And then there’s heart-break, sad but true… it happens! For some the hurts of the past have meant that the heart is closed, shut tight, no getting in so no access to instincts. Fear of poverty, fear of doing the work we know we’d love but not getting paid for it, truth is that if we do what we love, then the abundance will flow. Fear of poverty is a biggie! It’s one that often needs deep healing because it can go back a long, long way.
And what happens when we don’t? I’m one of those people who receives a new gadget and decides not to look at the instructions, expecting it to work, to do what it’s meant to do… often not! It’s the same with us, we’re here for a reason, we each have a purpose, a soul’s mission for this lifetime and by not following our instincts, our instruction manual, how could we possibly follow that special path and fulfil our mission? How could we possibly be happy? Truly happy!
So, how do we connect with our very own instruction manual? It’s not something we can find on Google, you don’t have to download it, it’s part of us. We’re delivered with a lovely slot A into slot B step by step guide to happiness and to fulfill our purpose. We’re born complete, whole, full of potential and the excitement of life. Our instruction manual is part of us, in the early days we know to cry if we need something, to feed when hungry, we know how to breathe, to love and we know how to be oh-so cute to get what we need!
In a lot of cases we loose connection to that manual, it’s still there, we just can’t see, feel it or sense it. We forget we ever had it. We’ve been told by so many people what to do, how to do it and then when the time comes to connect to our own views and beliefs in our teens we’re lost.
So, here comes an external instruction manual to help you to connect with your internal instruction manual. Ironic I know!
1. Remember that it’s within us. Our own individual instruction manual is there and always has been, always will be.
2. Remember that we’re whole, we are perfection, there are no missing bits. We are God, Buddha, Krishna, we are AMAZING!.
3. Remember that all we need will be available for us if we follow our instruction manual, doors open and the gifts flood in.
4. Follow your bliss… only do what makes you happy. It might be challenging stuff that could easily be avoided, but on some level we know it’s fulfilling and will bring joy. If you have patterns that don’t make you happy or are destructive then they’re not part of your instruction manual, so be honest with yourself, reflect, check in.
5. Connect with the heart! Your heart always holds the keys, the answers. Your heart shows you if something is right or wrong (not your mind), follow your heart and you can’t go wrong.
6. Have some still time each day, it’s such a great way to clear the clutter, clear the ‘shoulds’, and to connect with what’s right for us. Meditation, Magnified Healing, tai chi, yoga, taking baths, just sitting and being for a bit.
7. Connect with nature. Nature feeds us and by connecting with nature we re-connect with ourselves, after all we’re all one and we’re part of nature.
8. Heal any hurts that are getting in the way, creating a barrier between you and your instruction manual. If you find you get to a point where you‘re stuck, get some help. Talk to a friend, or if you’re like me – go inward. See a therapist or healer to unlock the door to the next step… that step when slot X goes into slot Y!
And keep in mind that if this all seems too difficult, you’re not alone, millions of people find it difficult, but more and more people have and are tackling their problems, healing their hurts, finding peace and are happily on the path to fulfilling their mission, making a beautiful impact in their lives, as intended. All you need is the willingness to make some changes and you’ll find the help you need. Promise!
p.s I personally find Magnified Healing is a great tool for connecting with my instruction manual… it helps me to connect beautifully each day to my heart and higher self. It brings peace, clarity and wholeness. Perfect!